Here are some pics:
Remember how I talked about hiking incessantly during high school? Joanna was with me on most of those hikes. I'm so glad that she lives nearby - it's fun to be with her in the mountains again! (You can see a few more pics of the hike on Joanna's blog.)
This is the ridge that is located next to Rattlesnake Lake (this is the lake that we visited on Memorial Day - can you see the old tree stumps in the lake below?)
This hike is especially great because the trail goes in a loop - you don't have to turn around pass the same stuff on the return trip. There is a really pretty fern valley with some large mossy trees on the way down.
Apparently we need to teach Sam about nature appreciation
South Beach of Discovery Park
There are a lot of trails in this area and we plan on going back. We intended on going to the North Beach (since we parked in the North Parking Lot), but ended up going on a longer hike which eventually descended to the South Beach.
There are a lot of trails in this area and we plan on going back. We intended on going to the North Beach (since we parked in the North Parking Lot), but ended up going on a longer hike which eventually descended to the South Beach.
Have you gone hiking this summer? What's your favorite state/region for hiking? What trails would you recommend?
7 comments:
I LOOOOOOOOVE hiking. I love it anywhere and everywhere, though, I do think my favorite hike ever is up a canyon in Fairview (which is near Manti).
Also, you and your family are just so cute. What cute pictures and what beautiful scenery.
Awesome pictures. Makes me want to go too! Thanks for your comment on my blog!
You guys have done some cools hikes lately! I definitely want to do Rattlesnake Ridge. It looks beautiful. How do you like your new pack?!? We made it here-we ended up driving through the night. It wasn't too bad. I hope you're having fun and enjoying the beautiful weather (from what I hear)!
You are lucky--those pictures are gorgeous. One of the things I miss most about Utah is the hiking trails. I love the Albion Basin up Little Cottonwood Canyon in late summer when all of the wildflowers are in bloom. Unfortunately, Illinois is seriously lacking in beautiful places to hike.
What beautiful pictures! I'm quite jealous, actually. There's nowhere to hike close to Grapevine, Texas... I miss the mountains!
PS: Sam is just adorable!
Hiking in the northwest is my favorite too! I haven't done any of those hikes you've done though, and they look really cool! Last year we got a baby backpack and hiked with Kirsten several times, and I loved it. I love your pictures!
It makes me so happy that you are hiking again! Yeh!
Post a Comment