Apparently there are some detrimental effects to showing one's kid Baby Einstein videos. Tonight I was showing Sam a picture of this Sunflowers painting (above left, 1888), and explained to Sam that the painting was by the artist Van Gogh.
Sam replied, "Yeah, mom. Van Goat and painting."
He's got the idea generally right, but somehow we need to ditch the goat puppet.
5 comments:
I love van goat.
lol, that was one of Celia's favorite Baby Einstein's too. don't think she remembers the name "van goat" though...
I guess I've never realized until just now just how educated Sam is going to be when it comes to art.
(Talk about a "duh" moment)
By the way, I've been trying to write this comment for HOURS. I don't have internet (borrowing it from the neighbors) and it has been patchy at best. Gah.
Cute! What a smarty.
And I cannot believe the random way I found out that you blog!!!! Now to go and read your archives.
Thanks again for joining in on the prank, I think altogether I had 14 different people send messages to "Bob"- she had a fantastic day and is already threatening me for when I turn 30.
Thanks for the comments (especially yours, e, since it took forever to get online!)
Ha! joolee, I hope Sam forgets "Van Goat" by the time he turns five.
Melinda, it's so fun that you found my blog. I actually was just wondering the other day if you have a blog, since I know you like to read (and a lot of people who like to read also like to write). I'm excited to check out yours!
P.S. The prank call was so much fun. It sounds like your friend had a good birthday.
Post a Comment