I'm slated to teach an introductory/survey course here next winter term! Yay for the Jesuits! I'm sure that I'll have no problems teaching at a private university, since I attended one as a student.
So, this course is set up a little differently than other survey courses that I've attended/taught/TA'ed. Instead of a broad scope of artists and works of art from 1400 - present, the art history program is structured to focus on "case studies" from each century (i.e. a specific artist or a few select works of art). It's an interesting idea and I'm excited to try teaching this way. I'll write more details about the course materials and structure later (probably on my art history blog).
Huzzah!
Friday, June 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
That's so great!
I'll look forward to some posts on the things you'll be teaching!
HOORAY HOORAY HOORAY HOORAY HOORAY
HOORAY HOORAY HOORAY HOORAY HOORAY
HOORAY HOORAY HOORAY HOORAY HOORAY
HOORAY HOORAY HOORAY HOORAY HOORAY
HOORAY HOORAY HOORAY HOORAY HOORAY
HOORAY HOORAY HOORAY HOORAY HOORAY
HOORAY HOORAY HOORAY HOORAY HOORAY
HOORAY HOORAY HOORAY HOORAY HOORAY
HOORAY HOORAY HOORAY HOORAY HOORAY
HOORAY HOORAY HOORAY HOORAY HOORAY
HOORAY HOORAY HOORAY HOORAY HOORAY
HOORAY HOORAY HOORAY HOORAY HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We are so happy about this - and so proud of you!
We love you.
Congratulations! That is so exciting! Also, I think Sam is adorable and can't believe he's one!
Super! I'm excited for you. Sounds like it will be awesome.
Yay! It sounds like a fun teaching opportunity--although it will probably be hard to pick just a few examples from each century. That's cool, though, because then you can really go into depth with the artists/works you do choose to teach.
Hurrah hurrah hurrah hurrah!!!!
Three champion's hurrahs for you! I'm really excited for you. You'll be great. Lucky students.
This is seriously SO great! Congratulations! I wish I could sit in on your class. :)
Post a Comment