That's it, my friends. 78 minutes. And if you calculate how long Seattle has been at 75 degrees, it's not much of an improvement: 18 hours and 45 minutes (in other words, less than a day).
As you go to the beach and eat popsicles on your front lawn, I'm bundling up in sweatshirts. It's raining right now, as I type this post. I can't even count how many times I've been tempted to turn up the heat in our house, but have refrained out of sheer principle. One shouldn't have to turn on the heat in the middle of July!
Someone should have told me to lower my expectations for Seattle summers. When we moved up here, our first summer was hot enough to melt paint off of a canvas. But I have not been impressed with the summers we have experienced since then. Meh.
Here are pictures from two of the warm-ish days we experienced this summer, which both took place over the 4th of July weekend. We took advantage of the clear skies to hike the trails at Franklin Falls and Little Si. I'm posting these pictures for my own sake. I need to remind myself that the sun actually has the potential to appear around here.
Okay, so Sam and I did wear sweatshirts when we hiked to Franklin Falls. But we also wore shorts, which gives an indication of the "hot weather" we experienced that day.

6 comments:
I hear ya! Logan had a long cold spring this year, and just as it started to warm up, we came to Poland where it has been cold and wet. It has been raining all week. So much for my warm summer. bleh.
Sad! I'm sorry for your blustery summer. Though I wouldn't mind trading for a few days right about now (98 degrees but feels like 112 with 50% humidity and a dew point of 76. Blech).
isn't it CRAZY?? we all got sunburned and tan on our roadtrip through ID and WY, but it was rainy and gray as soon as we returned home! needless to say, my tan is gone with no chance of it returning. :(
It seems like you got a lot of snow this winter, too. Does Washington usually have such crazy weather?
Hopefully you get some summer in August.
Yikes! 78 minutes?? When we were in Portland the people at the grocery store were talking about how that day was one of the first days with real sunshine in months. They were freaking out. I came back to Utah with new eyes for the sunny clear days.
Ugh. I'm sorry to hear about your cold weather...but I'm glad it hasn't stopped you from getting out and enjoying the beautiful places that surround where you live.
Post a Comment